Whilst the football may not have lived up to the hype so far we have still seen a couple of excellent team performances. So what is it that makes for a great team performance whatever the situation ?
* A leader who doesn’t just tell the team what to do but who provides a vision and who communicates that goal to the team by clearly outlining the task at hand and how it is to be achieved.
* The team are all pulling in the same direction putting individual disagreement behind them.
* The rewards of success are shared equally amongst the team members.
* There is no “finger pointing” if someone makes a mistake and the rest of the team rally round to support the individual.
* The Team leader provides all of the tools and instructions neccessary to complete the task.
As we enjoy the World Cup see which teams exhibit these qualities and measure their success.
The best team may not have the most outstanding individual players but the best team will win.